Addressing the Budget Crisis

Next Tuesday, January 20th, staff will begin its presentation on the cost saving and educational impact of various alternative budget cuts and revenue enhancement opportunities. I’ll post more information on what will be evaluated over the next few days.

This meeting will begin the most important activity the Board will undertake this year, determining how to respond to the unprecedented State financial crisis that is putting all of public education in California at risk.

It is very important that everyone with any interest in education in San Carlos keep abreast of what takes place at this and subsequent meetings on the topic. Please help spread the word, and please consider attending. To that end, I’ve added a “share/save” link to my blog that should make it easier to email or IM any entry to your friends and family.

The meeting will be held in the Central multi-use room, aka the “old gym”, starting at 7:30 PM. Please note that the District website may not have the correct location information for this meeting. What I’ve posted is the official word.

This entry was posted in budget, crisis, money. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *