TL Gets a New Principal

Those of you with kids at Tierra Linda know that Leslie Martin moved on from being the principal there last month. In the ongoing quest to balance work, life and professional development, she wanted to gain some experience at the District office level, and get (somewhat) more regular working hours :).

This caused the District to launch a search for a new middle school principal. I’m delighted to say that a great candidate has been found, and the Board will vote on his being hired at this Thursday’s meeting.

We were fortunate to be able to lure John Nazar away from Half Moon Bay, where he was Vice Principal at the Manuel F. Cunha School.  Craig Baker, our superintendent, has known John for years, and is looking forward to working with him.

In addition to being a Vice Principal since 2001, John has 17 years of classroom teaching experience during which time he was also a department chair, master teacher, and athletic coach.  He holds a Bachelors Degree in Political Science from California State University Chico and a Masters in Educational Administration from San Francisco State University.

While I can’t speak for the Board, I hope and expect John’s hiring will be ratified this Thursday. Please join me in welcoming him to San Carlos, and the District!

This entry was posted in new hire. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *